Have you ever wondered how to achieve a good foam for tea?
It's not essential, but it's true that a thick layer of foam gives it a chic and gourmet appearance, making the drink look even more appealing.
When it comes to making foam, you should consider the following:
- Basically, all methods are based on frothing milk, as this mixes it with air, resulting in foam because its volume increases.
- Not all types of milk yield the same quality of foam. Cow's milk, especially whole milk, froths best. However, you can also froth plant-based milks, but the results vary depending on the brand, with "Barista" editions being the most optimal.
Creating milk foam is easier than you might think, and we'll now see how you can do it with three utensils:
With the Bamboo Whisk Chasen from Matcha & CO, you can not only dissolve green matcha tea but also whip it to create foam that enhances its flavor.
It's an essential element in the tea ceremony. Depending on its quality, it can have 50, 75, 100, or 125 prongs. The number of prongs determines how quickly matcha dissolves and creates foam. In this case, the bamboo chasen whisk is meticulously crafted with 100 delicate and flexible bamboo prongs that completely dissolve matcha powder and create foam that maximizes its umami flavor.
With the Electric Frother from Matcha & CO, you can both dissolve matcha correctly and froth milk quickly and easily.
To do this, you should:
- Fill a container with 3/4 of milk.
- Heat the milk to around 60-70 degrees, so it's hot but still far from boiling.
- Tilt the container slightly to increase the surface area exposed to air.
- Insert the whisk without the need to move it, to achieve the desired result.
With the Milk Frother from Matcha & CO, you can heat both plant-based drinks and milk, creating incredible foam.
It has a capacity of 300 ml and can be activated with the push of a button, taking only 1 minute to heat. You can quickly prepare matcha, avoiding lumps. You can choose between cold or hot milk. It features a silent high-speed motor with 500W of power and automatically switches off when it reaches the desired temperature.